Armed with a disruptive B2B event business model honed over our first decade, AE Ventures is planning to rapidly expand within and beyond our technology-meets-construction niche and internationally.
To grow and improve as planned, we’ll be adding more smart, ambitious professionals to our team—folks who are a great fit with our Core Values and get, want and have the capacity to fill the open roles on our accountability chart.
We provide both on-the-job and formal training to our staff, and, as important, we provide opportunities to take ownership, make critical contributions and advance your career.
You will thrive at AE Ventures if you want to join us in pursuit of our mission to drive extraordinary progress, look for new challenges and take initiative to make continuous improvements to our products and processes. You will insatiably seek to learn, think, vision, interact and laugh!
For more information on becoming a part of the AE Ventures team, contact Donna Kent, Director of Finance & Admin at email@example.com.
The Finance & Administration Specialist will report to the Finance Director. The Finance Specialist will assist in any or all the facets of Finance and Administration but not limited to: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Collections, Budgeting and Forecasting, Expense Management, Taxes and Audits.
- Follow all Finance & Administration processes.
- Attain Rocks and Scorecard metrics.
- Regularly perform accounts receivables tasks such as invoicing, sending reminders, collection calls and auditing against Salesforce.
- Process new sponsor agreements and track opt outs for future invoicing. Manage sponsor cancellation communications.
- Manage all incoming payments from customers and make bank deposits.
- Receive and verify incoming bills, log into accounting system ensuring proper coding and timely payments.
- Generate payables reports for review and payment approvals.
- Manage employee reimbursements; review, verify, document and receive approval prior to payment.
- Manage credit card entries and reconciliations along with bank reconciliations and ensure proper coding
- Assist Director with cash flow entries.
- Assist Director with Budgeting and Forecasting.
- Oversee office supplies and snacks; ordering and inventory.
- Maintain office facilities; coordinate repairs and communication with landlord.
- Team health events; assist with coordinating events.
- Maintain organized and accessible vendor files and sponsor agreement binders.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or background, with 2 years’ experience preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred and AR Collect experience a plus
- Strong MSOffice skills; MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with management, staff and customers
Additional Essential Requirements:
- Exercise excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills along with a high level of organizational ability
- Possess troubleshooting, problem solving, and creative/innovative thought processing skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Demonstrate skills and ability to document and implement processes and procedures
- Self-motivated and self-directed
Health and Dental Care. AE Ventures covers 50% of the premium for individual employees, 40% of the premium costs for individual + spouse/dependent and family plans
401k with company contributions
8 days of paid holidays observed
15 days of paid time off in the first year of service, 20 days after the first year and 25 days after 5 years of service
1 day of paid annual leave for charity/community service
Formal and on-the-job training
Life Insurance of $30,000 is paid in full
Approved business travel reimbursement
Regular company social events and outings