Armed with a disruptive B2B event business model honed over our first decade, AE Ventures is planning to rapidly expand within and beyond our technology-meets-construction niche and internationally.
To grow and improve as planned, we’ll be adding more smart, ambitious professionals to our team—folks who are a great fit with our Core Values and get, want and have the capacity to fill the open roles on our accountability chart.
We provide both on-the-job and formal training to our staff, and, as important, we provide opportunities to take ownership, make critical contributions and advance your career.
You will thrive at AE Ventures if you want to join us in pursuit of our mission to drive extraordinary progress, look for new challenges and take initiative to make continuous improvements to our products and processes. You will insatiably seek to learn, think, vision, interact and laugh!
For more information on becoming a part of the AE Ventures team, contact Donna Kent, Director of Finance & Admin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AE Ventures’ TecHome Builder is the #1 builder technology resource, helping builders go farther and faster with tech they build into homes and apply to critical business processes of their companies. Put simply, we help builders turn tech into a strategic asset.
Two ways we fulfill this mission are the creation of original, invaluable content and creation of a TecHome Builder Community of individuals and companies committed to strong and rapid progress on tech.
Content efforts include organizing and producing live sessions, podcasts and blogs, original research and publishing how-to guides.
Community efforts include collecting corporate information on builders, manufacturers and other industry ecosystem and stimulating online and in person idea and information sharing.
We are looking for a bright, curious and energetic intern to assist the president of AE Ventures in planning, developing and executing content and community efforts.
Qualified candidates should be:
- Pursuing a course of study in business, marketing or communications
- Excellent written and oral communicators
- Able to do intensive online research to find relevant info and contacts
- Able to interface with high level executives on the phone and in writing
- Able to map and stay on project/action plans
- Able write and format reports and presentations
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and paths of activity
- Interested in and curious about the tech and construction industry and the evolution of these two sectors
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the creation of digital email marketing campaigns, including automation programs and database management, and monitor performance
- Develop plan of action for a new focus on Account Based Marketing & Selling
- Assists with CRM database administration functions
- Help manage social media accounts, create posts and track paid advertising
- Assist in the creation of messaging to be included in new and existing collateral materials, which will be used to support the sales and guest recruitment teams
- Keep brand sites updated with most recent information, logos, photos, videos, etc.
- Pay close attention to detail and accuracy when creating and reviewing materials
- Organize event-related activities where needed
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Digital Marketing or Marketing/Communications
- Interested in Marketing and Sales strategies and tactics, with strong branding and digital marketing focus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with WordPress or marketing automation is a plus
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interact with senior leaders and teammates
Health and Dental Care. AE Ventures covers 50% of the premium for individual employees, 40% of the premium costs for individual + spouse/dependent and family plans
401k with company contributions
8 days of paid holidays observed
15 days of paid time off in the first year of service, 20 days after the first year and 25 days after 5 years of service
1 day of paid annual leave for charity/community service
Formal and on-the-job training
Life Insurance of $30,000 is paid in full
Approved business travel reimbursement
Regular company social events and outings