Armed with a disruptive B2B event business model honed over our first decade, AE Ventures is planning to rapidly expand within and beyond our technology-meets-construction niche and internationally.
To grow and improve as planned, we’ll be adding more smart, ambitious professionals to our team—folks who are a great fit with our Core Values and get, want and have the capacity to fill our open roles.
We provide both on-the-job and formal training to our staff, and, as important, we provide opportunities to take ownership, make critical contributions and advance your career.
You will thrive at AE Ventures if you want to join us in pursuit of our mission to drive extraordinary progress, look for new challenges and take initiative to make continuous improvements to our products and processes. You will insatiably seek to learn, think, vision, interact and laugh!
For more information on becoming a part of the AE Ventures team, contact Donna Kent, Director of Finance & Admin at email@example.com.
The mission of the Business Development Executive (BDE) is to generate sponsorship sales for AE Ventures builder brand attachment products, upgrade sales, content library sponsorship subscriptions and other sponsorship sales related to TecHome Builder and Housing Transformation. Leveraging a consistent sales process and an intent to truly assist and serve clients, the BDE will achieve high velocity and high-volume sales of the small-ticket offers within his/her charge. Specific goals include:
- Generating sales of:
- $80,000 for the 2021 and $120,000 for the 2022 TecHome & Housing Transformation awards programs.
- Upgrade sales of $60,000 for 2021 and $180,000 for the 2022 TecHome Builder and Housing Transformation Summits.
- Sales of $100,000 for 2021 and $300,000 for 2022 TecHome Builder & Housing Transformation Summit sponsorships.
- Sales of $100,000 standalone TecHome Builder and Housing Transformation content library sponsorships in 2022.
- Developing a sales plan that:
- Identifies the sponsor universe and prioritizes strategic accounts and best prospects
- Lays out the consistent sales process to be used by the BDE
- Articulates sales messages to be used in prospecting, cross-selling/lead gen, flyover conversations, presentations and proposals
- Establishes timelines for different forms of outreach and travel to events
- Establishes monthly pacing goals
- Collaborating in a quality way with team members to maximize sales, service and quality
- Honesty/Integrity - Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidence. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- High Standards - Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Persuasion - Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
- Persistence - Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Listening Skills - Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, Including e-mail.
- Enthusiasm - Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Intelligence - Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Strategic Thinker - Able to see and communicate the big picture in an Inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future needs.
- Work Ethic - Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Love the Challenge - We relentlessly pursue opportunities, and expect we’ll need to grow, learn and improve to seize them
- Process Oriented - Constantly looking for better ways to do work and documenting existing and evolving processes.
- Hard Working - Does what It takes to get the job done
- Always Evolving - Continuously adapting to change
- Committed to Hitting Goals - Focused on metrics and performance
- Collaborative - Working together to achieve company vision
- Innovative & Creative - Trying new things, never satisfied with the status quo
- Bachelor’s degree with record of academic accomplishment
- Sales experience including inside/digital/social selling
- 10-15% Travel required
Health and Dental Care. AE Ventures covers 50% of the premium for individual employees, 40% of the premium costs for individual + spouse/dependent and family plans
Simple IRA with company contributions
8 days of paid holidays observed
15 days of paid time off in the first year of service, 20 days after the first year and 25 days after 5 years of service
1 day of paid annual leave for charity/community service
Formal and on-the-job training
Life Insurance of $30,000 is paid in full
Flexible work hours
Opportunity to travel around the US to our B2B events
Fun company activities and outings – Holiday parties, summer outings, quarterly gatherings